Monday, March 7, 2011

It's funny how I see someone I haven't seen in awhile and they are shocked by my appearance. Having been getting used to my smaller self for months now, when I have the opportunity to talk to someone who has no idea what I've done, it's quite invigorating. I used to always joke that I was the go-to-guy on questions about drinking and eating.

During my chat Sunday night at Zack's hockey practice, I became a source of info for someone in regards to weight loss, and weight loss tips. Understand that in no way do I think I have anywhere near the info necessary to properly guide anyone, but to be able to give him info that he found helpful gave me a pretty good feeling. While we were chatting he pulled out his smart phone and began looking up "swaps" that he could make to see how tough it would be to cut 500 cals/day to lose one pound for a week. Suffice to say, he was able to cut over 500 cals and he didn't even make any dinner changes.

The 5K training has resumed outside with a nice 6K walk to the bank. I am really starting to realize I enjoy walking/running outside way more than on a treadmill. Having another helping of snow has made it difficult to get my walk into the gym, but I know it won't last. Having the gym be almost 6K roundtrip is a great bonus but there are not sidewalks the whole way there so the mud on my shoes makes it less than enjoyable right now.

So it's another week in the books and as always there were successes and some failures. Life is always going to be an up and down adventure but you will learn everything you need to know about yourself by how you come back from the downs than by how you enjoy the ups...although the ups can be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment