Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Other People are Doing This Too

So, today is Tuesday, which means weigh-in day. I thought I would change things up this time and talk about some other people. Firstly, we will get some house cleaning out of the way and let you know I dropped another nine lbs, bringing the three week total to 35. I have to tell you, it feels great. I'm walking further and am genuinely excited for each day to start.

But I am taking this opportunity to talk about three women who are doing their thing. I have known the first woman for almost 17 years, basically as long as her husband. Without a doubt, she's the nicest person I know and always has a kind word to say about everyone - except some co-workers. Well, Carol has lost 50 lbs through sheer force of will and I wanted to tell everyone how proud I am of her. All of your hard work has paid off and I can't wait to see how unbelievable you are going to look - we'll just make sure Brent's not around!!

The next strong woman hit her goal about a month ago which is an extraordinary accomplishment. As a stay-home mother of three with lunches, dinner, homework, and all the other responsibilities, she has made sure to make enough time for herself to eat right, at the same time having her kids eat healthy too. She goes to the gym every Monday to Friday to work at getting to, and now maintaining, her goal. While I'd like to think Michelle and Ang are working out the whole time, I know they are expressing any "frustrations" they have with their husbands at the same time.

Finally, the last woman has had as difficult a summer as anyone could imagine. I've written about my admiration for her strength and perseverance before, but she still fit in her gym time as best as she could and tried to eat good meals, all while constantly on the go. My wife has lost over 50 lbs and I couldn't be more proud.

So there you have it; three more people making changes in their life and they are all people I can look up to. Now, since I started this I am getting quite a bit of traffic. What I would like to do is have people share some recipes or food tips and we can all benefit. If you've come up with a great way to make  a dish healthier, than lets share it. There is a comment section in this blog, but I think you have to become a follower and some of you may be concerned about giving your e-mail because you will get spam and offers for pills to enlarge your penis - after this weekend Ken, you should consider thinking about it. Most of you know me on Facebook and you can message me and I will put them in my entries and we can share them all together.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment