Friday, October 22, 2010

Busy Weekend

This weekend does not start off in the greatest of ways. Today we are going to the funeral home to say good-bye to the father of some great friends. I've known these woman for fifteen years and my heart breaks for the sadness that they are living in. It will be tough because there are no words I can say that will comfort them and it always makes me sad when I see other people sad.

After the difficulty of the afternoon, I will be taking Zack to his hockey practice then we are off to a pleasant surprise. As some of you know, I was asking for votes as Zack entered a play in the Nissan Arm Chair Quarterback contest. His play was one of five chosen by the coaching staff to win two tickets to tonight's game against Montreal. He will also be on the field at half-time!!

I am interested to go to this game. I have been to that stadium many times, but never at 375 lbs. I'll be able to walk up the stairs and not feel like I'm dying!! I will also, hopefully, not need half of my son's portion of the bench!! Sure I won't be having the sausage on a bun/beer combo but it's not that big of a deal.....it's not that big of a deal......

Tomorrow is a day filled with a hockey game, football practice, acting class and a hockey tryout. This kind of day would have tuckered me out something fierce two months ago but now...now I'm trying to think about where I can get a mile or two in!!

I thought a lot about the unfortunate events of this week and, even though this was a freak thing, I am so happy I've started to take the steps to make myself a healthier man. Nothing in this world is guaranteed but if I don't give myself the best chance I can, I would really be selling myself short.

No comments:

Post a Comment