Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No fancy titles today, just some numbers and a reflection on last week. After my first week with some food I lost 3.5lbs for a total of 96.1 lbs. I now weigh 345.5. It was not a huge weight loss week but it was significant none the less.

It seems that I might have been making my salads to big, but it was better than the alternative - eat all the steak!! I was told to start mixing it up and have a vegetable mix instead of salad everyday....broccoli, here I come again. They are still pleased with my work but want me to step it up by making meal plans. They gave me a great website that is run by Ontario nutritionists. There are recipes as well, and after making your plan, it will make a grocery list that you will need for all the meals you have set out for yourself!!

Before I talk about what's up for the rest of the week I wanted to take a few seconds and thank all of you for your kind words and messages. When I saw my new picture I was totally overwhelmed and all your encouragement made my day...thanks!!

Now, back to losing weight!! My wife is heading down to Pittsburgh for Black Friday - quick tangent. Isn't Black Friday one day? Then why the hell is she going for five?!?! Seems egregious to me!! - and on past trips I have made sure to get quite a bit of drinking done during that time. Seems like 2010 I will be changing my tune just a bit.

Instead of an orgy of booze and food I will be limiting the drinking by quite a bit. I am going to have rye and water but I have a plan. I will be adding some more exercise leading up to and following my indulgences and bringing a veggie platter in case I get the "drunk hungrys"!! (drunk hungrys are what cause you to eat a chicken cordon bleu from 7-11 at 2:30 in the morning!!).

I'm excited for next week as I get to add a couple of grains and one milk serving into the mix. I'll be able to eat pretty much what everyone else in the family is eating and it will be exciting. I feel like I've learned alot and know so much more about what I put in my body - seasoning salt has over 3000mg of sodium in one tablespoon!! - and look forward to the day when eating like this becomes natural. Now, I just need to figure out if cherry cheesecake is a milk or fruit.....kidding, mostly!!

P.S. When you are posting comments, let me know who you are so I can thank-you - unless it's my friend Michelle, and then I know it's you because you are talking about cabbage!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Russ!!!! Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see more pics!!!!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete