Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 5 in the Books

I guess I'm going to need to deal with some adversity now. Weighed in today and lost 3.4 lbs. Not what I wanted, not what I thought it would be, but it's what I got. Not to get to "icky" but we talked about upping my fibre...if you don't know why look it up because this is a family blog.

My BMI has gone from 53.7 down to 48.3 and things are looking up. I am going to need to up the exercise amount as I thought I was doing enough but can definitely add more. I learned today that a person burns 5-10 cals/min with exercise. That equates to 300-600 cals/day, and with one pound of fat equaling 3500 cals, you would need to exercise 1-2 hrs/day, for the week, to lose one pound. All of this would happen, even if you never changed your diet.

For the five weeks I am down a little over 45lbs and I'm going to concentrate on that and see the bigger picture. My family and I were at the dollar store yesterday and Zack and I broke off from the girls and we were going up and down some aisles. I jokingly asked him about us buying some snacks and sneaking off to the car. He looked at me and said "Dad, you can't, you need this for your health and I want you to be here".

This somewhat confused me because I could not understand why we had to stay in the dollar store. When I questioned him further, he proceeded to tell me that he and Allie had been talking about how Dad couldn't eat any food because something bad could happen. All this time I knew I needed to get myself right, but my son and daughter needed it more. So guys, all these walks will be for you!!

1 comment:

  1. Kids don't hold back on their comments. You are an amazing inspiration and you have such stick-to-it-ness. We are all behind you. Except soon we will have to be beside you because your behind is disappearing!! Way to go. Joyce B

    ReplyDelete