Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day and No Food

My life isn't completely consumed with losing weight. I go to work and ferry my kids all over the place just like everyone else. Fitting in all the new changes has required some extra work on my part. For that matter my family as well. There are days when a quick trip for fast food would speed the process of getting to two different arenas - and don't get confused, it still happens some of the time - but we are trying to use the slow cooker more often.

As a family, we are not great planners and this lack of planning is what is our undoing. Shopping to a meal plan will always mean that there will be something nutritious to eat. When we do this right it is a healthy eating day; when we don't, well, we hunt for the pizza menus!!

Which brings me to today. As most of you know, we received a decent amount of snow in Hamilton today. The street we live on won't snow a snow plow for at least two days so getting out of our driveway will be a challenge. As we did not do any grocery shopping this week, it will be a day filled with fending for yourself. Ang and I made our way down to the freezer to do some hunting but it was a bit sketchy; although, Ang was able to procure a chocolate Easter bunny!!

Obviously there is no way I'm making it to the gym so shoveling the drive-way will have to do....seeing as I'll probably be doing it more than once, my arms should be sufficiently "Popeye'd" by the end of the day. I wonder how many times you have to walk to the end of the driveway to constitute 5k.....yeah, that's probably unrealistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment