Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day

I want to take some time to thank everyone who sent some words of encouragement. They definitely mean a lot to me. There seems to be an inner clash of the old Russ and new Russ, kind of like George Costanza and his world's colliding  - although my clash is fat Russ and less fat Russ, but I get to put a really funny clip in here!! Everyday is a battle to make good decisions and following through feels like an impossible task, mostly because my focus has widened too much.

When I started the journey, by week 3 I realized that I had begun to see each shake as a small battle, and I would try and win that battle and not think about nine more weeks of four shakes per day. It was a daunting task and thinking about having almost 200 shakes left would have ended me right there. Now that I'm back on food, I am spending way too much time thinking about the next six months instead of devoting all my energy into making a great dinner choice. I'm not the greatest planner - in contrast my wife has filled TWO notebook pads with multiple itineraries for our trip to Florida....of course it will be fun!! On May 9th, from 3:46-5:18 miscellaneous fun is penciled in....I'm only half-kidding by the way; she's crazy!! - so being that far ahead completely messes me up, so back to the basics for me.

As you no doubt are aware - and if I am breaking new ground here, you are screwed!! - Valentines day is Monday. As a man who will be married for 16 years in May these are always tricky days. My wife and I rarely buy presents for each other anymore - mostly because I am awesome at it, and her, not so much!! - but we are going to head to see a movie on Tuesday in the afternoon while the kids are at school.

As one of the driving forces behind my desire to lose weight, there-by living a longer, healthier life, my wife has been in my corner from Day One. With subtle reminders and small admonishments, her love and support have been front and centre in my race to a new (old) me. Sometimes it may seem like I am not the most appreciative guy in the world. Also, I am pretty sure that I have given her the greatest gift I could ever think of - I DO NOT SNORE ANYMORE!!! Top that. 

2 comments:

  1. OK Another week and no blog????? what's up with that? I know you are "helping" your wife but we need an update. Stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Mrs. Baker - hopefully today's entry will make up for my tardiness in keeping up with my entries.

    ReplyDelete