Friday, January 28, 2011

Super Party in One Week

Is there anything better than chili-dogs, beer and football? Sure, some of you will say commercials - seriously?!?! - but next Sunday is one of the best sports-themed parties of the year. I have had some epic Super Bowl Sunday's - the road outside Eric and Michelle's is still not the same - and this year will be no different. Well, maybe a bit different.

There will be no need to start drinking at noon - in fact, plans are being put in motion to take the kids out before the festivities for some fun in the snow. The other big thing will be to make sure I eat something before heading over. As it stands right now, we are ordering some pizzas and everyone is supposed to bring one snack. The question I have for you is, what is your tastiest, healthiest, snack? Now remember, this is a Super Bowl party, so don't give some tofu, foofy thing - I can't get laughed out of the place!!

As far as the game goes, gimme Steelers, 27-23 - my head will explode if Aaron Rodgers is a Super Bowl champ!!

4 comments:

  1. i have a tip! Just never like or engage in any football related activities....worked for me all these years! lol :)
    Good luck on hunting for the no-fat, no calorie, tasty greasy treat (dont think it exists..)...might have to go foofy:) ....
    Later skater:)

    Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote goes to a veggie packed salsa (you can always add some veggies to the jarred stuff). Add some guacamole, and some fat free sour cream in layers and voila. Try Rice Works instead of corn chips (I swear they are really good).

    Go STEELERS!!!! OK, so they're not my team, but they are one of my Dad's 2 teams so...what can I say, I guess I'm a Daddy's girl after all.

    Enjoy!
    Bourque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Matt A. told me about your blog. I just subscribed and am really excited about reading back issues. I have tons of healthy recipes. I have a mexican layered dip.

    Instead of using sour cream, use plain yogurt on the bottom, then a layer of salsa, then a layer of grated veggie cheese (don't tell anyone, they won't know the difference), and finally chopped green onion on top. Take whole wheat wraps (tortillas) and cut them into wedges with a pizza cutter. Put them into the oven at 400 for about 10 - 20 minutes or until crispy and you have Mexican chips and dip.

    I'm attempting to get in shape and run a marathon. EEEK! You can check out my journey at http://themoosepyjamachronicles.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete