Monday, August 9, 2010

No Man Walks Alone

Since I decided to take this step and tell everyone I knew of my plans, I've had plenty of emotions. It's scary knowing that everyone will be waiting to hear how this goes, but at the same time it galvanizes me to know that I can't hide anymore (uh, dude, how does a 450 lbs man hide?!?!)

One of the best things to happen in the past 10 days is to open my inbox and see a note from a friend, and in some cases a friend-of-a-friend. In all these instances, they wanted to pass on how happy they were for me and to tell me their struggles or the struggles of someone they know.

As I wait for my first appointment, I want to thank you all. I want to thank you for your quick note of encouragement.  I want to thank you for the quick phone call. I want to thank you, because even though this will be tough, I will be held up by some of the greatest friends one man could ever ask for. Know that you've touched me in a way that I can never articulate but will patiently wait for the day that I can give you back half of what you've given me. I love you all, and thanks for reading,

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment