Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tempering Expectations

Well, I went in for my second weigh-in, and we will start with the positives. I lost weight. I lost the most of anyone in my class. I still haven't eaten food - not sure how this slipped into the positive column!!

So, I lost Drew Brees - or, for the old-timers Maurice Richard. Half of last week, with double the steps output of last week. As I stood, dejected and distraught, I was told to expect 3-6 lbs/week, and that nine was phenomenal. Sadly, I can't see the forest for the trees right now.

I am still happy about what I'm doing, but I think this means I'm going to need to ramp up the activity. Perhaps adding some swimming and maybe even using this gym membership I've been paying for. Most of all, I need to realize that I'm not on Biggest Loser and losing 100lbs in five or six weeks is not in my future. It may take a little longer but I'm 26.2 lbs down and the needle is pointed in the right direction.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment