Saturday, September 4, 2010

When did you..

When you take a look at yourself, what do you see? I've learned long ago not to speak for anyone else, so I can tell you that when I looked inside it was a pretty big eye opener. I realized that I had given up on myself. In our weight loss classes they talk about your support group and sometimes there will be a person who is not the most helpful soul. What do you do when that person is you?

I had a pretty productive week last week yet I spent a good portion of time thinking how I could never do it for a second week. Here I am, busting my ass not to eat anything, and I'm sabotaging myself?! I spent some solid thinking time - no, not in the bathroom - and I asked myself when I gave up on me?

So many people have sent me public and private messages wishing me luck, sharing their struggles, and being real supportive. Some of these messages have even made me cry. My brother has been pumping me up and my kids want to have a shake day every week to show daddy they are with me the whole way - of course theirs will be ice cream, but it's still fantastic.

As I continue on this journey, I am beginning to realize my pant size isn't the only thing that needs to change.The guy that hasn't followed through on anything in a long, long, time is going to have to take a back seat to the guy that hasn't eaten food in 10 days and really does not want to be given up on; he really likes what he's done....

No comments:

Post a Comment