Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Killing It

Like I talked a bit about yesterday, I have a completely different perspective on my life and why things happen. When I choose to make a change, it will happen. When I don't, it won't. So it was a great confirmation to go on the scale and see that I was 375 lbs, down 8.2 lbs from last week and 66.6 overall in eight weeks. Yeah, 66.6 lbs in eight weeks!!

Now I'm a guy that succeeds. I'm a guy who instead of being described as "You know, he has some good days", is a guy who sometimes has some bad days. I own everything I do, good and bad. I recognize that alot of people wanted into this program and it is incumbent on me to do everything I can to prove that I deserve that spot.

We talked about ownership and I was happy to report that, through my blog, I am documenting all the changes I've made. Also, it's given me the chance to get support from all of you which has been huge. You've kept me on the straight-and-narrow by following my path and I definitely did not want to write down that I've cheated and have you all read that!!

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but I think it should be amended to "You can't teach an old dog new tricks if he doesn't want to learn them". When you decide that your life needs a new direction, you are the only person that can do it. Folks, I've lost over 66 lbs and it's because I realized it had to happen and I fully committed to myself. Anyone can make any change they want - you only have to make the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment