Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I have been to some great parties in my life!! I can find any reason to hoist a drink and celebrate with friends and will look for any excuse to do so. One of the best parties of my adult life was held out in "The Village" - seriously, that place is like the land time forgot but it is awesome out there. It's almost like a whole new world where all the neighbours know each other, they all drop in on each other AND leave their doors unlocked!! You know, kinda like when we were growing up.... - at Ken and Nicole's and it was a Halloween party.

It was a dress-up party - I went as a woman, with nylons, skirt, full make-up, belly shirt....yikes... - and all the college guys and wives were there. We laughed and drank and went til the wee hours of the morning. Nicole, who LOVES Halloween, went all out. The place was spooky and it was a complete hit.

I bring this up as another October 31st comes around only because I happened to be looking at some of those pics on Facebook and giggling to myself. This year will be spent saying no to the little KitKat bars that both of my kids don't like - how that's possible I will never know. KitKat's are phenominal!! - and convincing them that we can walk a little further to hit some more houses.

As always I will be wearing my pedometer and Sunday I will be looking to set a record. If my kids want all the little goodies that come from this night, their feet will be paying the price.

I also went and saw my doctor to finish off a physical which left me with one quick question; when did my doctor become so hateful?!?! As you all know I'm fairly excited about my progress and upon trying to tell her all about what I've been doing, she basically tried to hurry me up so she could get back to her office. Nothing like getting solid support from the person who is supposed to be invested in your health....oh well, no big deal. I come home and bragged to my wife. Even though she's heard me talk non-stop about it, she still acts like it's the first time she heard it...sort of like when Ang, Nicole, Tammy and Carol all laugh when we talk about chopping a tree, or Beaker....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.....and mix in an apple or an extra little walk when you sneak some candies out of your kid's bag!!

3 comments:

  1. Russ, you are truly inspirational. I - along with everyone else reading your blog - am so proud of you. I honestly don't think I would be able to do what you are doing. I am however, trying to make small changes, and so far, they seem to be working, at least a little bit. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. Keep up the great work.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you should be very proud of yourself!! Everyone takes there own path and just making those small changes will have a huge impact on your life. If I can help in anyway I would love to do that. If you keep adding one small thing into your routine, in no time you will see a major overhaul!! Keep up the fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a chance to read this!!! I have fond memories (and plenty of pictures) from thet night. 2011 - we're going to make it happen again. This time you can go as a Slim Jim! ((HUGS))

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete