Monday, October 18, 2010

re-Birthdays!!

A man has lots of time to think when he locks himself out of the house. I decided to walk to my gym this morning, do a workout and walk back. I g-mapped it out and it equaled three miles which would be pretty decent for the day. Before I left I decided not to take my house key as Ang would be home by the time I was done and it's a pain-in-the-ass to carry my keys as I would have no pockets.

The walk and workout were great, and as I've already given away, Ang was nowhere to be found. Seeing as carrying my keys was out of the question, obviously bringing my phone was not in the cards either. As I sat on my porch for an hour-and-a-half - seriously, how much stuff is there to see at Walmart? - I've thought about how far I've come.

I started to think about how the introduction of this program has completely changed my life. I realized that my first day with shakes, August 24th, 2010, marked a new beginning for me. All apologies if someone else is using this word and sells t-shirts and mugs and other stuff, but I'm calling this my re-Birthday. Not only am I losing weight, but I'm changing my whole attitude. I'm looking at things in a whole new way, and seeing myself in a whole new light.

So I want you to ask yourself, when is your re-Birthday? I doubt you can suck anyone into giving you presents, but you should celebrate with yourself. If you don't have one, why not think about it? You don't have to completely overhaul your life, but try to make a change. I know some of you are thinking that this "new" Russ is considerably cornier than the old Russ, but I will tell you this; I will take corny and happy over cool and miserable everyday!!

Don't worry, I will give you my weight update tomorrow, but I wanted to jot this little blurb down now while it was still fresh and in my mind. Make a small change today and see where it leads you...who knows, maybe I can start reading about how corny you've become on your blog in a few weeks....

2 comments:

  1. hey Russ, just want to say congrats:) and now that i am off work i have been catching youre posts more regularly. I am now in the post baby weight loss phase and have another 15lbs to take off so youre words are inspiring when i have bad days..like today!! augh... when my calorie count is blown out of the water:) keep it up!! you dont know who's reading;)
    marsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsh!! Thanks for reading and you will make it. remember all those early morning runs in college? good times....

    ReplyDelete