Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Finish Line is Just Another Start Line

This is it!! Last week of four shakes per day. I know, I know, you wanna know how much I lost. Some of you are so darn impatient!! I dropped 4.8lbs for a total of 85.8 in 11 weeks. I now weigh 355.8 lbs and am astonished by what it feels like. By all means of measuring, I am over-weight. However, it doesn't affect me because I know that I won't be for long!! I'm wearing shirts my wife bought me last year that were way to tight, and now they are to big!! I wear a pair of shorts under my jeans just so they won't fall off when I walk down the street - I will save you the Pants on the Ground video!!

Coming up next Tuesday will be my first foray back into food. I have a small idea how it will work and it will take some of the guess work out of it. As I talked about last week we are stringently going to be following the Canada Food Guide, and I will receive a plan for the week, based on that. So, for instance, she will tell me my meal can have two vegetables, one grain, one meat and one dairy, yet not be over 275-300 cals. It is going to become a time to get creative!!

Everything I've learned has led me to where I am right now; on the precipice of another new beginning. While I can most assuredly say that I passed my first big test, my second one will be daunting and exhausting, but also exhilarating. I am looking forward to trying some of the things that I always found "gross looking" and hoping to add some new, exciting foods. I know that there will be days where a salad and some chopped veggies just are not going to cut it.

However, I am implementing plans for the days when I'm going to have pizza at a party, or cake, or even DRINKS!!! Extra walking and exercise plus going easy in the days leading up to an event will keep my weight loss goals in check with my "getting after it goals"!! I figure that I spent 20 years doing whatever the heck I wanted when it came to food and drink, and I can spend a year to get myself corrected, and then the rest of my life maintaining.

So that is Week 11 wrapped up in a little bow. No drama to report, just another happy week from the fat guy minus 5 lbs!!

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment