Wednesday, December 29, 2010

If I Was Born in 1971, and it's Going to be 2011, That Means....OOOHHH SHIT!!!!

So, is that title big enough for ya? I hope everyone's Christmas was great - if you don't celebrate Christmas insert your cherished holiday and the same statement applies - and you didn't obliterate your diet with too many cookies. It's been a busy few days in the Burmaster house with some extra work that came my way and Zack's Select tourney this week - Blues are 3-0 and headed to the semi's if you're wondering - which is always challenging when you are watching what you eat.

Hot turkey sandwiches are one of my favourite meals after Christmas and there was NO chance I was skipping those. Add the World Junior Tournament - funny that no-one outside of Canada who reads this will have any clue what that tournament is - and it just makes the meal that much better. In fact, I'm typing this as they get ready to blast Norway!!

The original plan for this entry was going to be about what will come in the New Year, until I had the "revelation" that I will be 40 in 2011....UGH!!! How the hell am I 8 months away from turning 40!! My only solace is knowing that many of you are not far behind me!! As 2010 comes to a close, I think about how happy and proud I am that I will enter a new year at my lightest weight in awhile. It also makes me think about how much work I have ahead of me to get to my lowest weight since college - 270 lbs when I graduated if you're keeping track.

I won't make resolutions as I've already committed myself to a new life, but reflecting on everything that this year has brought about makes for mixed emotions. Getting my life back in the same year that I watched my wife and children say good-bye to their mother and grandmother will always leave me conflicted. Knowing that I've done some pretty important things to make sure that I stick around for a long time to come, is a great first step.....now, if we could delay this "40" thing, that would be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment