Friday, December 3, 2010

No Regrets

**NEWSFLASH**

Russ loves to have drinks with friends. Yes, this is not new information. Meshing this fact with my new lifestyle will be my next goal. When I went on this journey, I knew that would be an important factor in what I wanted to accomplish, and it still holds true.

As the weeks have gone on I've begun to focus in on what I want the end game to be. I was never much on goal setting before because when you consider yourself to be a failure, making goals only illustrates how great you are at failing. Now that I see myself in a whole new light, I can embrace the idea of having a target and working towards that.

So as it stands now, my goal is to weigh 240-250 lbs. It makes a nice round weight loss figure of 200lbs and it will give me the freedom to buy clothes in any store. I do not intend on giving up drinks with the fellas but I do intend on turning away from the 3am drunk eats (refer back to an earlier post for my stellar definition). Everybody has their own ideas of what they want their life to be, and this is mine.

When I hit my target, perhaps another target will come to mind. Or maybe I will be happy with that weight and just look to maintain where I am. I do know this for sure; I have a plan, and this is my plan. I have taken control of my life and this is for me. By doing this for me, I know it will make a better life for my family, but most importantly it will make me happy. And really, that's what this whole journey was about......well, that and normal size pants!!!

1 comment:

  1. U DA MAN,Russ with your attitude the goal you have set is TOTALLY reachable, If you need a good corner man give me a shout I'm here to cheer you on. Go RUSS Go.

    ReplyDelete