Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Little Fun in the...Cold?

As most of you know, I missed two Guy's Weekends - technically only one, but going to the cottage and not having booze is considered a miss in my books!! - in the fall while I was on OptiFast. I didn't regret my decisions as I knew there would be many more in my future....like this upcoming weekend!!

The guys in my Fantasy Football League are renting a house in Niagara Falls for a couple of days and I couldn't be more excited. I have no illusions about what these two days will bring, and mostly, I'm not concerned. I can't drink as much as I used to - being a smaller guy just keeps getting better and better - so the all day drinking binges will be a thing of the past, but that too is probably a good thing.

No class for me today as I have not been feeling well the past couple of days and decided to stay home. I did go to the gym to sweat some stuff out and was able to jump on the scale there and am down a couple of lbs at 337. It feels good to be going in the right direction again, and even though this weekend will put a damper in next week's positive number, I think I will be able sleep.

I am in the process of thinking, THINKING, about entering some kind of 5k. I am working my way to that distance on the treadmill - hit about 3k today - and would love to hear any advice anyone has. I assume I can walk in these things - I'm not at the running stage yet - but I don't have a clue what to do. Look forward to hearing all your stories and gleaming some info for my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment